This is guide on adding Sick Leave to a timesheet.
Add a new row to the timesheet page
Select the Sick Leave pay type
Enter the hours taken as Sick Leave
Remember to delete the hours that are going to be paid as sick leave from the Standard pay row.
If your employee takes the whole day off sick, enter the number of hours they would have worked (or your best guess of that figure)
Check the calculation and deduction figures (optional)
- To activate the calculation and deduction tool for a sick leave entry, click back into the cell in which you entered the figure, after it has turned green
- This will display the typical hours the system thinks your employee would have worked today. The system uses this to work out the amount to deduct from the employees leave balance. i.e. if they would have worked 8 hours and they took 4 hours of sick leave the system will deduct .5 days from their balance (adjust if necessary)
- In most cases you should pay your employees at the typical rate or standard pay rate for sick leave so this is the default option
- If you have no idea how many hours your employee would have worked that day you may pay them at the average daily rate as calculated over the past 4 weeks. This figure displays the total gross wages earned over the last year. If you choose to pay your employee the average daily rate and you have not been using the system for 1 year yet then you may manually enter the figure here
- If you choose to pay your employee the average daily rate and you have not been using the system for 1 year - or this figure does not match up with what you think they've worked, adjust it manually
- Use this button to switch to paying the average daily rate, if required
- Here the system will predict the number of days to deduct from your employees leave balance. Adjust it manually if necessary
And you're done!